Sunday, December 9, 2018

The Reiki Room - Our Private Space for Energy Work and Healing

This past spring, we updated all the basement lighting. (No more flickering florescent tubes!). We then installed a Reiki Room in one part of it, which encouraged me to get my Usui Reiki Master attunement.

The space is never going to win any design awards, because the only unifying feature is that it's all stuff I love and which has great personal meaning to me. The energy healing space also happens to be one of the most comfortable rooms in the house, because it's not intended for public use.

2023 UPDATE: There have been some refinements to this room over the past few years. Updated photos to follow in new post!

Above: Room at a glance. The light in the corner has a purple bulb in it and all the lights are dimmable. The silk scarf over the mirror is from my bellydancing years. The floor rug was bought off overstock.com and turned out to be even prettier than the sellers' picture.

Above: Hanging rocks and an over-sized wooden rosary. (We're very ecumenical...)

Above: a hand-made lotus pottery bowl bought a few years ago at an antique shop while on vaca, filled with sand for "drawing" in.

Above: a TJMaxx dream catcher, which I later embellished with ribbon, yarn, and shells

Above: Another embellished dream catcher.

Above: I got this wing at a Native American powwow. It does a great job sweeping away negative energy.

Above: A HomeGoods garden praying figurine, over a bowl of crystals, animal teeth, and other goodies

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely Impressed! I recently hired Absolute Design Build for my home addition project in Austin, and the results exceeded my expectations. Their expertise in home additions Austin  truly shone through. The team was professional, detail-oriented, and completed the project on time. I now have a beautiful and functional new space that perfectly complements my home. Highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete